Our COVID-19 Commitment -
Safety is Priority #1 as Sunnova Continues Service
As a leading residential solar and storage provider in the United States, Sunnova has a deep commitment to providing best-in-class energy service to our customers, in good times and bad. As families and businesses across the country tackle the many challenges brought on by the spread of COVID-19, we realize that the work we do is more important than ever.
Despite these challenges, as an "essential service" Sunnova is here and will continue to be here for our customers, our dealers and our employees as we all navigate this difficult situation.
Working together we will continue our mission to power energy independence, and we will do so safely.
For existing customers who have a scheduled service appointment, we will continue to provide reliable and safe in-home service.
To keep our customers and field service technicians safe and healthy, we have adopted new work practices to deliver field service at appropriate social distances and under proper conditions.
Our maintenance service procedures have been established to guide all customer and employee interactions during the COVID-19 outbreak. To that end, we want to make you aware that:
- We will observe appropriate social distancing. As much as we like to meet our customers and shake their hands upon arrival, we will instead be warmly greeting customers from several feet away for during this period, observing hygienic health practices and appropriate social distancing.
- We will reduce interaction during the service visit. We strive to provide a friendly service experience; however, during this period, we will minimize direct interaction whenever possible.
- We will alert you upon our arrival. And we will leave a notification upon our departure with results of the service visit.
- We will work outside the home. If any components of the system are inside the home or if we require access to the home to reach the system, we will obtain our customer’s permission to enter the premises and will observe hygienic health practices throughout the visit.
- Most Sunnova Field Service technicians live and work close to the areas they serve. They regularly monitor public health advisories.
- Our technicians are trained in public health best practices. That includes proper social distancing and hygienic work practices.
- All Field Service Technicians submit to daily health screenings.
If you are interested in becoming a Sunnova solar service customer, our team is on duty.
Our team continues to be available to help power energy independence. Working closely with our dealer network across the country, Sunnova has implemented appropriate protocols to protect the health and safety of our employees, our dealers and customers, limiting the need for face-to-face meetings while still providing our solar service. Through the increased use of phone-based communication together with online tools, such as screen-sharing, you can learn everything you need to know as you consider choosing a better energy option.
In-person visits are only being scheduled where customers approve and only when and where appropriate, in accordance with current public health guidelines.
Like you, we've adjusted how we do business in recent days, but we are ready to safely deliver solar power to your home.