Gain comfort in knowing your home will be powered with resilient, renewable solar energy, even when the grid is down, by adding our +SunSafe® battery storage system to your existing home solar system.
Maximize Your Solar System with Little to No Upfront Costs.
Increase Your Energy Independence
Power your home with your solar energy stored in the battery, even when the sun is down, and reduce the electricity you pull from the grid.1
Resilient Backup Power
Gain confidence from having backup power in an emergency. During a grid outage, your most needed appliances and lights can stay on.2
Sunnova +SunSafe® automatically manages the energy flow and will be designed to help you meet your home energy needs.
Your battery comes with a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty.3 For parts covered under the warranty, we will coordinate all maintenance and repairs - no more hassle.
Interested in adding a battery to your solar system?
Request A Free Quote
How Sunnova SunSafe® Works
- During the day, solar panels turn sun rays into energy
- The energy travels through your inverter to make the energy usable for your home
- Your solar energy charges your battery, so your battery can provide back-up power to the critical energy loads in your home
- Your solar energy powers the energy loads in your home
Your nighttime power will depend on your battery configuration. You’ll likely be using a combination of battery energy and grid electricity.
Reliable, Renewable Energy Round-the-Clock
When charged at 100%, the Tesla Powerwall 2 battery can power your most needed lights and appliances for approximately 13.5 hours4, depending on your usage. Know you’ll have access to backup power when the grid goes down.
Our intelligent battery control technology automatically manages the flow of energy between your solar system, battery, home, and the electric grid.
Gain confidence knowing that your home can be powered during natural disasters and grid instability. Day or night, your battery can help you live life uninterrupted.5
1. Applicable to all battery configuration except backup power
2. The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected, customer usage and battery configuration (i.e. batteries in certain areas may be set up to provide you with the best economic benefit, which may affect the amount of back-up power available). Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control. No assurances can be given that the solar system or the battery will always work. You should never rely upon either of these to power life support or other medical devices.
3. The system warranty is based on the manufacturers’ warranty. Refer to the Warranty Agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations.
4. The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected and customer usage. Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control.
5. Some solar systems and/or its components (including batteries) could require repairs to be completed after certain events. Please refer to your agreement for conditions and limitations.
Thank you for your interest in Sunnova. One of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly