Earn up to $890 per year in incentives when installing Sunnova solar battery storage in Massachusetts!
If you have a solar battery, you could participate in the MA SAVE demand response program launched by National Grid, which offers an incentive if you discharge your battery during demand response events (times when the grid needs additional power).
Getting Started is Easy!
If you own a Tesla Powerwall 2, Tesla will sign up for the Connected Solutions incentive on your behalf and program your battery to discharge for all events. See the steps below to get started!
- Contact Tesla at natgridDR@tesla.com.
- Tesla will sign you up for the Connected Solutions program and set up your battery to discharge for all events.
- You will receive your incentive dollars from Tesla minus a fee. Please contact Tesla for more details regarding these fees.
National Grid launched the MA SAVE demand response program which pays customers in Massachusetts to discharge their battery during a demand response event (a time when the grid needs additional power). There will be no more than 75 demand response events per year:
- Maximum of 60 events in the summer (June to September) paying $225 per kW discharged
- Maximum of 15 events in the winter (December to March) paying $50 per kW discharged
National Grid will announce each demand response event a day ahead of time. Each event will be a maximum of three hours. Incentive payments for summer performance will be made in October or November each year and incentive payments for winter performance will be made in April or May each year.
If you participate in at least 90% of the demand response events and discharge your battery 80% (from a fully charged battery), the below amount estimates the incentive amount you could receive from the program. This doesn’t include any fees from Tesla for programming the battery to discharge.
Earn up to $890 per year1
Estimate with a 13.5 kWh capacity battery
1. All state incentives are subject to state funding and legislation. This estimate does not include any fees companies may charge for programming the battery to discharge on your behalf.