Why Go Solar in New Mexico?
Focus on Solar
New Mexico requires investor-owned utilities to have a 20% renewable portfolio standard requirement.1
Home Solar Incentives
You may qualify for federal and state incentives.2
New Mexico Home Solar Incentives
If you own your home solar system, you may be eligible for the federal solar incentive tax credit (ITC) for up to 26% of the cost of your home solar system.2
You may also qualify for property tax exceptions and other state and local incentives.1 We recommend you speak with a qualified tax professional before going solar.REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
Sunnova Solar Offerings in New Mexico
Enjoy predictable solar energy costs for 25 years with home solar panels.
Sunnova Offers A Variety of Ways to Go Solar in New Mexico
Start Making Your Own Renewable Energy for $0 Upfront Costs:
Sunnova Easy Save
|Loan or Finance Agreement
Sunnova Easy Own
|Steady monthly payments to lease your home solar system equipment – may include an optional escalator. 25-year warranty.||Steady monthly payments to own your home solar system equipment. 25-year warranty.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Through our customer portal MySunnova, you can pay your bill online, view your system production, and more.
You can monitor your solar system’s production in the “Monitoring” section of our MySunnova customer portal. The reading of your meter is delayed approximately 24 hours.
To ensure optimal performance of your solar system, Sunnova also monitors every system 24/7 at no additional cost.
Solar panels are extremely durable and built to withstand the elements. As a Sunnova customer, your responsibilities will include:
- Trim any trees around your solar system that may block the sun from reaching your solar panels.
- Check that there is no accumulation of leaves, debris, snow, or critters under the solar panels.
- In more arid climate, you may need to spray your solar panels with a hose to wash off built-up dust and dirt. You can do this while standing on the ground – we strongly advise against you climbing on your roof for any reason.
Each month, you will receive either a bill or a statement from your utility company, in addition to your Sunnova bill. This is because your home solar system will be grid-tied – during times of low or no solar production, you may need to pull electricity from your utility. You may also be eligible for net metering credits for energy your home solar system exports back to your utility.
If the utility company sends monthly statements in lieu of an actual bill with an amount due, you can expect an annual reconciliation of all electricity usage charges and credits.3
Benefits for Sunnova Customers
Monitor Your Solar Production and Battery Charge - Sunnova customers have access to our MySunnova portal, where you can monitor your solar production and battery charge, manage your billing options, and more. We also proactively monitor your solar system, and we’ll alert you to any issues.
You’re Covered with Our Sunnova Protect™ Warranty - You’re Covered with Our Sunnova Protect™ Warranty Our Sunnova Protect™ warranty covers your home solar and Sunnova SunSafe® solar + battery storage system for 25 years, including repairs and maintenance.4 Your home solar system will come with a production guarantee - if your Sunnova home solar system isn’t producing the amount of energy we guarantee, we’ll credit or refund you the difference.
1. NREL - https://www.nrel.gov/solar/rps/nm.html
2. You may be eligible for a federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) with the purchase of a solar battery. To receive the full federal tax credit, you must have federal income tax liability at least equal to the value of the tax credit. Additional tax credits may also be available for homeowners in certain states and territories. Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding customer eligibility for tax benefits. Sunnova does not provide tax advice. Contact your personal tax advisor for eligibility.
3. Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding credit for net energy exported to the electric grid, and any credit provided (now or in the future) is subject to change or termination by executive, legislative or regulatory action.
4. Refer to your Warranty Agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations. .
Thank you for your interest in Sunnova. One of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly