Gain comfort in knowing your home will be powered with resilient, renewable solar energy, even when the grid is down, by adding our +SunSafe® battery storage system to your existing home solar system.
Maximize Your Solar System with Little to No Upfront Costs.
Increase Your Energy Independence
Power your home with your solar energy stored in the battery, even when the sun is down, and reduce the electricity you pull from the grid.1
Resilient Backup Power
Gain confidence from having backup power in an emergency. During a grid outage, your most needed appliances and lights can stay on.2
Based on your utility and energy needs, your battery will be configured to make sure you automatically get the maximum economic benefit from your solar system.
Your battery comes with a 10-year limited manufacturer warranty.3 For parts covered under the warranty, we will coordinate all maintenance and repairs - no more hassle.
Interested in adding a battery to your solar system?
TALK TO OUR SOLAR EXPERTS
How Sunnova SunSafe® Works
- During the day, solar panels turn sun rays into energy
- The energy travels through your inverter to make the energy usable for your home
- Your solar energy charges your battery, so your battery can provide back-up power to the critical energy loads in your home
- Your solar energy powers the energy loads in your home
Your nighttime power will depend on your battery configuration. You’ll likely be using a combination of battery energy and grid electricity.
Reliable, Renewable Energy Round-the-Clock
When charged at 100%, the Tesla Powerwall 2 battery can power your most needed lights and appliances for approximately 13.5 hours4, depending on your usage. Know you’ll have access to backup power when the grid goes down.
Our intelligent battery control technology automatically manages the flow of energy between your solar system, battery, home, and the electric grid.
Gain confidence knowing that your home can be powered during natural disasters and grid instability. Day or night, your battery can help you live life uninterrupted.5
1. Applicable to all battery configuration except backup power
2. The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected and customer usage. Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control. Your solar system production will vary based on weather and other factors. When the grid is down, your solar production must be consumed at your home or stored in your system’s batteries. If there isn’t demand for your solar production at home or capacity in the batteries to store additional energy, the solar system will decrease the amount of power it is producing. This reduction of production is known as curtailment, and may happen when the Sunnova +SunSafe® battery storage system is working as backup power. When the grid is up, you will be able to purchase supplemental electricity from the grid when needed. Your battery will be configured to provide the best economic benefit to you based on the utility information provided and in accordance with local state laws.
3. The system warranty is based on the manufacturers’ warranty. Refer to the Warranty Agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations.
4. The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected and customer usage. Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control.
5. Some solar systems and/or its components (including batteries) could require repairs to be completed after certain events. Please refer to your agreement for conditions and limitations.
Thank you for your interest in Sunnova. One of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly