Why Go Solar in Massachusetts?
Strong Solar and Storage Incentives
Massachusetts has the fourth highest electricity prices in the U.S. with an average price of .25 cents per kWh.*
Massachusetts offers several incentives to take advantage of when installing Sunnova solar and battery storage systems.
Add a Battery
Power your most needed lights and appliances during a power outage.
With home solar + battery storage, you will be able to reduce the electricity you pull from your utility and protect yourself from high utility rates. Excess solar production is stored in your battery, and your battery can power your home at night, on cloudy days, or during a power outage.*
Inflation Reduction Act
$0 down solar, now with a 30% tax credit
Now is a great time to choose Sunnova for clean, dependable energy. Not only can you go solar for $0 down, but new home solar and battery storage customers are now eligible to claim up to 30% of their system’s cost as a credit on their federal taxes. *
Making your own power starts with requesting an easy, no-obligation quote today!Get a Quote
Our solar offerings in Massachusetts
With flexible financing including loans, leases, and standalone accessory loans, you can customize a plan that meets your and your family’s needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your home solar system is tied to your utility (grid-tied) and you don’t have a battery, your home solar system will not work during a power outage. You will not be able to produce or consume solar energy while the grid is down.
In order to have power during a power outage, you will need a home solar + battery storage system.*
- During the day, if there is sun: your solar panels will power your home, and any excess energy will charge your battery.
- At night: your battery can power your essential lights and appliances until it depletes.
* The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected, customer usage and battery configuration (i.e. batteries in certain areas may be set up to provide you with the best economic benefit, which may affect the amount of back-up power available). Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control. No assurances can be given that the solar system or the battery will always work. You should never rely upon either of these to power life support or other medical devices.
Yes! Through our customer portal MySunnova, you can pay your bill online, view your system production, and more.
Your solar system functions very quietly. But rest assured that doesn’t mean it isn’t working. You can track your production through MySunnova customer portal. The reading of your meter is delayed approximately 24 hours.
Solar panels are extremely durable and built to withstand the elements. As a Sunnova customer, your responsibilities will include:
- Trim any trees around your solar system that may block the sun from reaching your solar panels.
- Check that there is no accumulation of leaves, debris, snow, or critters under the solar panels.
- In more arid climate, you may need to spray your solar panels with a garden hose to wash off built-up dust and dirt. You can do this while standing on the ground – we strongly advise against you climbing on your roof for any reason.
Each month, you will receive either a bill or a statement from your utility company, in addition to your Sunnova bill. This is because your home solar system will be grid-tied – during times of low or no solar production, you may need to pull electricity from your utility. You may also be eligible for net metering credits for energy your home solar system exports back to the electric grid. Check with your utility for specific details regarding whether you'll be credited for any excess energy your system generates and exports to the grid.*
If the utility company sends monthly statements in lieu of an actual bill with an amount due, you can expect an annual reconciliation of all electricity usage charges and credits.*
* Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding credit for net energy exported to the electric grid, and any credit provided (now or in the future) is subject to change or termination by executive, legislative or regulatory action.
Thank you for your interest in Sunnova. One of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly