Why Go Solar in Rhode Island?
Go Solar in the Cold
While many homeowners may be wondering how to go solar in a cold, snowy climate, solar is still a great investment in cold-weather states. Solar panels are incredibly efficient in cold weather!
Home Solar Incentives
You may qualify for federal and state incentives.1
Rhode Island Home Solar Incentives
If you own your home solar system, you may be eligible for a federal incentive tax credit.1
You may also qualify for property tax exceptions and other state and local incentives.1 We recommend you speak with a qualified tax professional before going solar.REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
Sunnova Solar Offerings in Rhode Island
Enjoy predictable solar energy costs for 25 years with home solar panels.
Sunnova Offers a Variety of Ways to Go Solar in Rhode Island
|Plan||Sunnova Easy Save Simple (EasyPPA)||Sunnova Easy Own (Loan)|
|Plan Description||You buy all of the electricity the system produces at a low solar rate.||Steady monthly payments to own your home solar system equipment.|
Sunnova Protect™ Service2
Home solar protection for 25 years.
System Monitoring & Diagnosis
Corrective Maintenance & Warranty
Hassle-Free Management of Repairs & Replacements
Roof Penetration Warranty3
System Production Guarantee4
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Through our customer portal MySunnova, you can pay your bill online, view your system production, and more.
You can monitor your solar system’s production in the “Monitoring” section of our MySunnova customer portal. The reading of your meter is delayed approximately 24 hours.
To ensure optimal performance of your solar system, Sunnova also monitors every system 24/7 at no additional cost.
Solar panels are extremely durable and built to withstand the elements. As a Sunnova customer, your responsibilities will include:
- Trim any trees around your solar system that may block the sun from reaching your solar panels.
- Check that there is no accumulation of leaves, debris, snow, or critters under the solar panels.
- In more arid climate, you may need to spray your solar panels with a hose to wash off built-up dust and dirt. You can do this while standing on the ground – we strongly advise against you climbing on your roof for any reason.
Each month, you will receive either a bill or a statement from your utility company, in addition to your Sunnova bill. This is because your home solar system will be grid-tied – during times of low or no solar production, you may need to pull electricity from your utility. You may also be eligible for net metering credits for energy your home solar system exports back to your utility.
If the utility company sends monthly statements in lieu of an actual bill with an amount due, you can expect an annual reconciliation of all electricity usage charges and credits.3
MySunnova Customer Portal
Monitor Your Solar Production and Battery Charge - Sunnova customers have access to our MySunnova portal, where you can monitor your solar production and battery charge, manage your billing options, and more. We also proactively monitor your solar system, and we'll alert you to any issues.
1. You may be eligible for a federal tax credit with the purchase of a solar system. To qualify for the tax credit, you must have federal income tax liability at least equal to the value of the tax credit. Additional tax credits may also be available for homeowners in certain states. Tax incentives are subject to change or termination by executive, legislative or regulatory action. Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding eligibility of any of the system’s costs for tax benefits. Sunnova does not provide tax advice. Contact your personal tax advisor for eligibility requirements.
2. Refer to your Sunnova Protect™ Warranty Agreement or Sunnova Protect™ Limited Warranty Agreement for your complete warranty terms and limitations.
3. Your roof is warranted against leaks from the solar system installation for 10 years. This is separate from any additional warranties you may receive if you also have a new roof installed with your home solar system, including roof installation workmanship and materials warranties.
4. Your solar system production will vary based on weather, shading and other factors and your solar system’s cumulative production will be evaluated annually starting at the end of the third anniversary for purposes of your production guarantee. If your system does not produce the promised amount of energy outlined in your agreement, we’ll refund you the difference, up to 50% of the contract price.
Thank you for your interest in Sunnova. One of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly