Why Go Solar in Saipan?
High Utility Rates
Home electricity costs, including fuel surcharges, have run two to three times higher than the 50 U.S. mainland states.1
Add a Battery
With a home solar + battery storage system, you can power your most needed lights and appliances during a power outage.2
Sunnova Solar Service Plans Available in Saipan
Add solar panels to your home. Our Sunnova SunSafe® solar panel + battery storage system offers predictable energy costs and backup energy during power outages.1
Add a battery to your existing home solar system, and power your most needed lights and appliances even when the power is out.3
Ensure your home’s solar system operates to its maximum potential with one of our Sunnova Protect™ Service Plans include system monitoring, maintenance, and repair.3
Go Solar with Sunnova
Add solar panels to your roof and start producing your own power..
|Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
Sunnova Easy Save Simple
|Buy all of the electricity your home solar system produces at a lower, specified rate.|
Ask Us About Battery Storage
During a power outage, your home solar system will not work unless you have a battery!
A solar battery stores excess solar production for later use. The energy stored in your battery can help power your home during a power outage.2
If the power goes out, a home solar-only system will automatically turn off. With a battery, your home solar + battery storage system can continue to generate solar energy, charge your battery, and power your most needed lights and appliances.2
With Sunnova SunSafe®, you get solar panels + battery storage installed together:
Sunnova SunSafe® Easy Save
Sunnova SunSafe® Easy Own
|Steady monthly payments to lease your home solar system equipment and battery.||Steady monthly loan payments to own your home solar system equipment and battery.|
We can also add battery storage to your existing home solar system.
With Sunnova +SunSafe® add-on battery storage system, we’ll coordinate any maintenance and repairs for your battery.3
Benefits for Sunnova Customers
Monitor Your Solar Production and Battery Charge - Sunnova customers have access to our MySunnova portal, where you can monitor your solar production and battery charge, manage your billing options, and more. We also proactively monitor your solar system, and we’ll alert you to any issues.
You’re Covered with Our Sunnova Protect™ Warranty - Our Sunnova Protect™ warranty covers your home solar and Sunnova SunSafe® solar + storage system for 25 years, including repairs and maintenance.3 Our proactive system monitoring will alert us to any issues.We also protect your Sunnova +SunSafe® add-on battery storage for the term of your agreement, including repairs and maintenance for parts under warranty.3
Frequently Asked Questions
If your home solar system is tied to your utility (grid-tied) and you don’t have a battery, your home solar system will not work during a power outage. You will not be able to produce or consume solar energy while the grid is down.
In order to have power during a power outage, you will need a home solar + battery storage system.2
- During the day, if there is sun: your solar panels will power your home, and any excess energy will charge your battery.
- At night: your battery can power your essential lights and appliances until it depletes.
Yes! Through our customer portal MySunnova, you can pay your bill online, view your system production, and more.
You can monitor your solar system’s production in the “Monitoring” section of our MySunnova customer portal. The reading of your meter is delayed approximately 24 hours.
To ensure optimal performance of your solar system, Sunnova also monitors every system 24/7 at no additional cost.
Solar panels are extremely durable and built to withstand the elements. As a Sunnova customer, your responsibilities will include:
- Trim any trees around your solar system that may block the sun from reaching your solar panels.
- Check that there is no accumulation of leaves, debris, snow, or critters under the solar panels.
- In more arid climate, you may need to spray your solar panels with a hose to wash off built-up dust and dirt. You can do this while standing on the ground – we strongly advise against you climbing on your roof for any reason.
Each month, you will receive either a bill or a statement from your utility company, in addition to your Sunnova bill. This is because your home solar system will be grid-tied – during times of low or no solar production, you may need to pull electricity from your utility. You may also be eligible for net metering credits for energy your home solar system exports back to your utility.
If the utility company sends monthly statements in lieu of an actual bill with an amount due, you can expect an annual reconciliation of all electricity usage charges and credits.4
1. EIA Northern Mariana Islands Profile
2. The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected, customer usage and battery configuration (i.e. batteries in certain areas may be set up to provide you with the best economic benefit, which may affect the amount of back-up power available). Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control. No assurances can be given that the solar system or the battery will always work. You should never rely upon either of these to power life support or other medical devices.
3. Refer to your Warranty Agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations. For batteries, the system warranty is based on the manufacturers’ warranty.
4. Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding credit for net energy exported to the electric grid, and any credit provided (now or in the future) is subject to change or termination by executive, legislative or regulatory action.
Thank you for your interest in Sunnova. One of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly