Sunnova SunSafe™ manages your home’s energy flow to protect you from high rates and energy outages. It adjusts the energy flow based on your needs and the grid’s behavior, providing the most benefit to you.
We track the system’s solar generation and the battery storage performance. If we detect that your system isn’t producing the amount of energy we guarantee in your agreement, or isn’t working properly, our service team will take care of it.
Enjoy 25 years of rate protection so you always know exactly what you’ll pay for your solar energy; no surprises. Plus, there are no upfront costs or down payments to worry about.
We guarantee your system will produce the amount of energy we say it will under your 25-year service agreement. If it doesn’t, we will credit you for the difference.
In case of a power outage, your most important appliances are powered so you can keep the lights on, day and night. You will continue generating and storing energy while solar only systems can’t.
The Sunnova Protect warranty is best-in-class and unmatched in the industry. All of your components are covered for 25 years, eliminating out-of-pocket expenses for maintenance or equipment repairs and replacements for the term of your service agreement.
Get the upper hand on peak utility rates and electric grid outages with Sunnova SunSafe™! Thanks to its intelligent control system, SunSafe™ protects your home by managing how the energy you generate from the sun flows to your home, your battery or back to the electric grid. Plus, during a power outage, your solar system can continue to generate and store energy while solar-only systems can’t. That’s why we call it a smart way to use energy.
These are estimated duration times for single load usage.
Thanks to its intelligent control system, Sunnova SunSafe™ will continue producing and storing energy when the electric grid is down, unlike solar-only systems. This gives you the peace of mind of keeping your home’s power up even during natural disasters like hurricane and floods.
In case of a utility power outage, your most important appliances will be powered for up to 10 hours, depending on your energy usage. This means you can keep the lights on, your refrigerator cold, use the internet or charge your phone.
When it comes to making a decision about your solar energy provider, you have a choice, so make the one that gives you the most. Sunnova protects your solar + battery storage system for 25 years with our best-in-class comprehensive warranty. From repairs to maintenance, our End-to-End Warranty has you covered. Plus, we guarantee that the system will produce the amount of energy we say it will, in your agreement, for 25 years or we’ll credit you the difference.
1. Your solar system produces energy
2. Excess energy is used to charge the battery or is sent to the grid
3. When electric grid pricing is at its peak, your home will be powered with the energy stored sending excess energy to the grid
4. In case of a grid power outage, your home’s critical loads will be powered by the solar energy stored in your battery.
This chart should be used for illustration purposes only.
Let’s talk about how you can enjoy savings from Sunnova SunSafe™ Easy Save with no upfront costs and low, fixed monthly payments!
* Your solar system production will vary based on weather and other factors and your solar system’s cumulative production will be evaluated to validate annual production guarantee. Utility rates and utility rate structures are subject to change and cannot be accurately predicted. Your electricity usage may also vary from month to month. Projected savings from your solar + battery storage system are therefore subject to change. Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding credit for net energy exported to the electric grid. The amount of power available during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected to the secured panel and the customer usage during a power outage. Refer to the Limited Warranty in your agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations. Refer to your agreement for details, restrictions and limitations regarding to all the above. For lease plans only, monthly payments will increase annually according to a fixed escalator that is applied beginning in year two of the Agreement.