Enjoy 25 years of rate protection so you always know exactly what you’ll pay for your solar energy; no surprises. Fixed monthly payments that will help you with your budget.
Sunnova SunSafe™’s intelligent control technology automatically detects when to switch from solar energy to stored energy, protecting you and your family from power outages.
As opposed to solar-only systems, Sunnova SunSafe™ will produce and store energy—even when the grid is down—allowing you to keep your lights on day and night.
We protect your solar + battery storage system for 25 years with our best-in-class comprehensive warranty. From repairs and maintenance to monitoring on your solar system and your battery storage, Sunnova has you covered.
Sunnova SunSafe™ is a solar + battery storage technology system designed to replace much of the electricity you normally draw from the grid, day and night. Sunnova SunSafe™ maximizes the usage of the solar energy your system produces, reducing significantly your reliance on the grid. Plus, during a power outage, your solar system can continue generating and storing energy, different to solar-only system.
These are estimated duration times for single load usage.
Thanks to its smart technology, Sunnova SunSafe™ automatically detects when to switch from solar energy to stored energy.
Unlike solar-only systems, Sunnova SunSafe™ will continue producing and storing energy when the electric grid is down, giving you the peace of mind of keeping your home’s power up even during natural disasters like hurricane and floods.
In case of a utility power outage, your most important appliances will be powered for up to 10 hours, depending on your energy usage. This means you can keep the lights on, your refrigerator cold, use the internet or charge your phone.
When it comes to making a decision about your solar energy provider, you have a choice, so make the one that gives you the most. Sunnova protects your solar + battery storage system for 25 years with our best-in-class comprehensive warranty. From repairs to maintenance, plus 24/7 system’s monitoring and performance, Sunnova has you covered every step of the way – from the day your system is turned on and for the full term of your agreement.
1. Sunlight hits the solar panels, producing clean, renewable energy.
2. Some of that clean energy powers your home during the day.
3. And some of that clean energy is stored in the battery to be used at night.
4. At night, your home runs on the stored energy.
5. For the times when you need extra power, your home will be connected to the grid.
6. In case of a power outage, your lights will still be on, thanks to your system’s backup energy.
We’ve designed Sunnova SunSafe™ to maximize your solar energy use, replacing much of the electricity you would normally draw from the grid. If your energy usage spikes, you’ll be able to draw electricity from the grid and PREPA will charge you for that electricity. If your energy use declines too much, your battery may be full and any unused solar energy will be lost.
This is called curtailment and it happens when the battery is full and the solar panels are producing more power than is being used. While some curtailment is normal, having too much solar power curtailed could reduce your solar energy benefits. Luckily, there are a few things you can do.
To get the most out of your Sunnova SunSafe™ and avoid curtailment, there are some changes you might want to make to your energy habits:
|Shift as much electricity use to the day as possible.||Make simple changes to your habits, like: Charge your laptops and mobile devices, cook, and do the laundry and dishes during the day.|
|Be energy efficient at night.||It’s as simple as turning off lights in unoccupied rooms and setting thermostats to moderate temperatures.|
|Track your usage.||Knowledge is power, literally. Simply knowing where energy is used in your home will help you better manage it.|
|Plan for spikes.||There are times when you use more energy than normal, like during the holidays or when family comes to visit. Having a full battery and telling your guests how your system works will help you manage your energy costs.|
Let’s talk about how you can enjoy savings from Sunnova SunSafe™ Easy Save with no upfront costs and low, fixed monthly payments!
* For lease plans, monthly payments will be fixed for a 12-month period. An escalator will be applied annually, so the monthly payment will increase at the beginning of each 12-month period, starting in year 2 of the service agreement. Your solar system production will vary based on weather and other factors. Your solar production must be consumed at your home or stored in your system’s batteries. If there isn’t demand for your solar production at home or capacity in the batteries to store additional energy, the solar system will decrease the amount of power it is producing. This reduction of production is known as curtailment, and may happen based on your energy consumption patterns. If your system regularly curtails, you will receive less solar production and may have to purchase more supplemental energy from PREPA. The amount of power available during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected to the secured panel and the customer usage during a power outage. Refer to the Limited Warranty in your agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations. Refer to your agreement for details, restrictions and limitations regarding to all the above.
Lease services in Puerto Rico are offered by Sunnova Energy Puerto Rico, LLC.
PR Lic. SJ -16993-CN