Our intelligent control technology manages the flow of energy between your solar system, your battery, your home and the electric grid to protect you from energy outages.
We track the system’s solar generation and the battery storage performance. If we detect that your system isn’t producing the amount of energy we estimate in your agreement, or isn’t working properly, our service team will take care of it.
Enjoy 25 years of rate protection so you always know exactly what you’ll pay for your solar energy; no surprises.
The Sunnova Protect warranty is best-in-class and unmatched in the industry. All of your components are covered for 25 years, eliminating out-of-pocket expenses for maintenance or equipment repairs and replacements for the term of your service agreement.
In case of a power outage, your most critical energy appliances are protected so you can keep the lights on, day and night. And your solar system can continue to generate and store energy while solar-only systems can’t.
Get the upper hand on electric grid outages with Sunnova SunSafe™! Thanks to its intelligent control system, SunSafe™ protects your home by managing how the energy you generate from the sun flows to your home, your battery or back to the electric grid. Plus, during a power outage, your solar system can continue to generate and store energy while solar-only systems can’t. That’s why we call it a smart way to use energy.
These are estimated duration times for single load usage.
Thanks to its intelligent control system, Sunnova SunSafe™ will continue producing and storing energy when the electric grid is down, unlike solar-only systems. This gives you the peace of mind that as long as your solar system is operating, you can keep your home’s power up, even during natural disasters like hurricanes, floods and tornadoes.
In case of a utility power outage, your most important appliances will be powered for up to 10 hours, depending on your energy usage. This means you can keep the lights on, your refrigerator cold, use the internet or charge your phone.
When it comes to making a decision about your solar energy provider, you have a choice, so make the one that gives you the most. Sunnova protects your solar + battery storage system for 25 years with our best-in-class comprehensive warranty. From repairs to maintenance, Sunnova Warranty has you covered. Plus, we guarantee that the system will produce the amount of energy we say it will, in your agreement, for 25 years or we’ll credit you the difference.
1. Your solar system produces energy
2. Excess energy is used to charge the battery.
3. Any additional excess energy will be sent to the grid once your battery is fully charged. Please check with your local utility to see if it offers net metering.
4. In case of a grid power outage, your home’s critical loads will be powered by the solar energy stored in your battery.
This chart should be used for illustration purposes only.
Let’s talk about how you can enjoy savings from Sunnova SunSafe™ Easy Save with no upfront costs and low, fixed monthly payments!
* For lease plans, monthly payments will be fixed for a 12-month period. An escalator will be applied annually, so the monthly payment will increase at the beginning of each 12-month period, starting in year 2 of the service agreement. Your solar system production will vary based on weather and other factors and your solar system’s cumulative production will be evaluated to validate annual production guarantee. Utility rates and utility rate structures are subject to change and cannot be accurately predicted. Your electricity usage may also vary from month to month. Projected savings from your solar + battery storage system are therefore subject to change. Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding credit for net energy exported to the electric grid. The amount of power available during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected to the secured panel and the customer usage during a power outage. Refer to the Limited Warranty in your agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations. Refer to your agreement for details, restrictions and limitations regarding to all the above.