Why Go Solar in Rhode Island?
Go Solar in the Cold
While many homeowners may be wondering how to go solar in a cold, snowy climate, solar is still a great investment in cold-weather states. Solar panels are incredibly efficient in cold weather!
Add a Battery
With home solar + battery storage, you can power your most needed lights and appliances during a power outage.1
Beat the heat with affordable solar
Electric bill rising with the temperature? Take control of your energy costs! We offer flexible financing options on home solar systems and battery storage to meet your unique home energy needs.
Request a no-obligation quote now and be entered into our Cool Summer Giveaway for a chance to win $2,000.*See all deals
Rhode Island Home Solar Incentives
If you own your home solar system, you may be eligible for a federal tax credit.2
You may also qualify for property tax exceptions and other state and local incentives.1 We recommend you speak with a qualified tax professional before going solar.
Beyond protecting your home from grid outages with our Sunnova SunSafe® home solar + battery storage service and +SunSafe® add-on battery service, New England customers can also participate in ConnectedSolutions through Sunnova.8 ConnectedSolutions is a demand response program run by your utility designed to stabilize the New England power grid, and it allows you to get compensated when your home uses energy from your SunSafe® home solar + battery storage system instead of the grid during peak demand periods. This means cash back for you – and a whole lot of feel-good energy!Learn More Here
Sunnova Solar Offerings in Rhode Island
Enjoy predictable solar energy costs for 25 years with home solar panels.
Power your home with solar energy day and night, even when the grid is down, with our add-on solar battery storage.1
Our combination solar panel + battery storage offers predictable energy costs and backup energy during power outages.1
Now you can install a new roof along with your state-of-the-art home solar system.
Sunnova Offers a Variety of Ways to Go Solar in Rhode Island
|Sunnova Home Solar Service||Sunnova SunSafe® Solar + Battery Storage Service||Sunnova +SunSafe® Add-on Battery Service|
|Plan||Easy Plan™ Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Balanced Billing||Easy Own Plan™||Easy Plan™ Equipment Lease||Easy Own Plan™||Easy Own Plan™|
|Plan Description||You buy all of the electricity the system produces at a low solar rate.||Steady monthly payments to own your home solar system equipment.||Steady monthly payments to lease your solar + battery storage system equipment - may include an optional escalator.||Steady monthly loan payments to own your solar + battery storage system equipment.||Steady monthly loan payments to own your add-on battery storage system.|
Sunnova Protect™ Service3
Home solar protection for 25 years.
System Monitoring & Diagnosis
Corrective Maintenance & Warranty
Hassle-Free Management of Repairs & Replacements
Roof Penetration Warranty4
System Production Guarantee5
Ask Us About Battery Storage
During a power outage, your home solar system will not work unless you have a battery!REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
A solar battery stores excess solar production for later use. The energy stored in your battery can help power your home at night, during times of low solar energy production, or even during a power outage.1
If the power goes out, a home solar-only system will automatically turn off. With a battery, your home solar + battery storage system can continue to generate solar energy, charge your battery, and power your most needed lights and appliances.1
Already Have Solar? Add a Battery
We can also add battery storage to your existing home solar system with Sunnova +SunSafe battery storage system.REQUEST A FREE QUOTE
Manufacturer’s Warranty6 with Hassle-Free Management of Repairs and Replacements
In addition to the manufacturer’s warranty, Sunnova coordinates all maintenance and repairs for all parts covered, to ensure your experience is hassle-free from start to finish.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your home solar system is tied to your utility (grid-tied) and you don’t have a battery, your home solar system will not work during a power outage. You will not be able to produce or consume solar energy while the grid is down.
In order to have power during a power outage, you will need a home solar + battery storage system.*
- During the day, if there is sun: your solar panels will power your home, and any excess energy will charge your battery.
- At night: your battery can power your essential lights and appliances until it depletes.
* The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected, customer usage and battery configuration (i.e. batteries in certain areas may be set up to provide you with the best economic benefit, which may affect the amount of back-up power available). Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control. No assurances can be given that the solar system or the battery will always work. You should never rely upon either of these to power life support or other medical devices.
Yes! Through our customer portal MySunnova, you can pay your bill online, view your system production, and more.
Your solar system functions very quietly. But rest assured that doesn’t mean it isn’t working. You can track your production through MySunnova customer portal. The reading of your meter is delayed approximately 24 hours.
Solar panels are extremely durable and built to withstand the elements. As a Sunnova customer, your responsibilities will include:
- Trim any trees around your solar system that may block the sun from reaching your solar panels.
- Check that there is no accumulation of leaves, debris, snow, or critters under the solar panels.
- In more arid climate, you may need to spray your solar panels with a garden hose to wash off built-up dust and dirt. You can do this while standing on the ground – we strongly advise against you climbing on your roof for any reason.
Each month, you will receive either a bill or a statement from your utility company, in addition to your Sunnova bill. This is because your home solar system will be grid-tied – during times of low or no solar production, you may need to pull electricity from your utility. You may also be eligible for net metering credits for energy your home solar system exports back to the electric grid. Check with your utility for specific details regarding whether you'll be credited for any excess energy your system generates and exports to the grid.*
If the utility company sends monthly statements in lieu of an actual bill with an amount due, you can expect an annual reconciliation of all electricity usage charges and credits.*
* Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding credit for net energy exported to the electric grid, and any credit provided (now or in the future) is subject to change or termination by executive, legislative or regulatory action.
MySunnova Customer Portal
Monitor Your Solar Production and Battery Charge - Sunnova customers have access to our MySunnova portal, where you can monitor your solar production and battery charge, manage your billing options, and more. We also proactively monitor your solar system, and we'll alert you to any issues.
1. You may be eligible for a federal tax credit with the purchase of a solar system. To qualify for the tax credit, you must have federal income tax liability at least equal to the value of the tax credit. Additional tax credits may also be available for homeowners in certain states. Tax incentives are subject to change or termination by executive, legislative or regulatory action. Sunnova makes no guarantees regarding eligibility of any of the system’s costs for tax benefits. Sunnova does not provide tax advice. Contact your personal tax advisor for eligibility requirements.
2. The amount of power available from the battery during a power outage is limited, depending on the loads connected, customer usage and battery configuration (i.e. batteries in certain areas may be set up to provide you with the best economic benefit, which may affect the amount of back-up power available). Solar systems and/or batteries may require repairs after weather events and such repairs may be delayed due to forces outside of our control. No assurances can be given that the solar system or the battery will always work. You should never rely upon either of these to power life support or other medical devices.
3. Refer to your Sunnova Protect™ Warranty Agreement or Sunnova Protect™ Limited Warranty Agreement for your complete warranty terms and limitations.
4. Your roof is warranted against leaks from the solar system installation for 10 years. This is separate from any additional warranties you may receive if you also have a new roof installed with your home solar system, including roof installation workmanship and materials warranties.
5. Your solar system production will vary based on weather, shading and other factors and your solar system’s cumulative production will be evaluated annually starting at the end of the third anniversary for purposes of your production guarantee. If your system does not produce the promised amount of energy outlined in your agreement, we’ll refund you the difference, up to 50% of the contract price.
6. Refer to the Warranty Agreement for complete warranty terms and limitations.
7. Sunnova retains discretion to withdraw from and to not participate in the ConnectedSolutions program at any time.
Thank you for your interest in Sunnova. One of our representatives will be in touch with you shortly