Sunnova customers will continue to receive two bills:
- Sunnova energy plan bill - this bill covers your lease, loan/financing agreement, or power purchase agreement (PPA) payment to Sunnova.
- Utility bill - you will still receive a bill from your utility company.
With Sunnova, your home solar system will still be connected to your utility. At night and during times of low solar production, you may need to pull electricity from your utility in order to meet your home energy needs. However, with a home solar system, you can reduce your utility bill.
Your utility bill may include a few important line items:
- Service charges and fees - this is a flat rate charged to all utility customers regardless of usage.
- Taxes – taxes may be a separate line item or may be included in your utility rate.
- Energy use – the amount of electricity you used from your utility.
- Net metering – if your utility offers net metering, you may see your net metering credits on your monthly bill or as a total sum at the end of the year.1
Note that with our Sunnova +SunSafe® add-on battery storage, you may receive a third bill if your solar energy service is also provided by Sunnova (or another provider with whom you have an outstanding payment obligation).