Sunnova PowerGrid Protect™ Program
Sunnova Energy Corporation (“Sunnova”) and you (“you” or “You”) have entered into a Sunnova SunSafe® home solar + battery storage system or +SunSafe® add-on battery storage system with a solar lease or loan (the “Customer Agreement”). In California, Sunnova offers enrollment to customers with a Sunnova SunSafe® and/or +SunSafe® Customer Agreement in the Sunnova PowerGrid Protect™ program. The PowerGrid Protect™ program helps stabilize the local power grid from outages during peak demand periods by powering your home with energy stored in your battery or energy storage systems (“ESS”) instead of from the grid.
Sunnova agrees that as part of the PowerGrid Protect™ program it will dispatch power from your battery only between the hours of 4:00 to 9:00 pm on non-holiday weekdays and will ensure that your ESS retains a reserve capacity of at least 20%. Additionally, Sunnova will not discharge your battery during scheduled public safety power shutoffs. Sunnova anticipates dispatching your battery an estimated 1-2% of total hours in the year.
Should you wish to enroll in PowerGrid Protect™, you will receive a $100.00 Visa Prepaid Reward Card (the “Reward”) from Sunnova in appreciation of your support of clean energy and grid stability. The terms of the Visa Prepaid Reward Card are provided at https://www.sunnova.com/legal/sunnova-reward-program. You will also be enrolled in the PowerGrid Protect™ Sweepstakes if you successfully enroll in the PowerGrid Protect™ program by December 1, 2021. Full terms and conditions of the PowerGrid Protect™ Sweepstakes are found at https://www.sunnova.com/lp/powergrid/sweepstakes.
You may withdraw participation in the PowerGrid Protect™ program at any time by contacting Sunnova at 1-866-SUNNOVA and speaking with a customer service representative. It may take up to sixty (60) days to process your withdrawal. Withdrawal will not affect the other services provided to you. By withdrawing, you may render yourself ineligible to receive further incentives and participate in future programs.
Sunnova Terms of Service for Energy Management Programs
You agree that in order for you to participate in the PowerGrid Protect™ program, you will provide Sunnova with the right to remotely monitor, update, control, and cause energy to be discharged or reserved from and in the ESS without notice, for the purposes of increasing your energy savings, preparing you for potential grid outage situations and for your participation in third-party programs (including, but not limited to utility or grid programs), or otherwise participating in the management of electricity in your service area.
The rights to remote management and discharge provided herein to Sunnova are exclusive and cannot be granted by you to any additional third-party without Sunnova’s prior written consent. Any such assignment, grant, easement or permission for remote management and discharge by you to a third-party other than Sunnova without prior written consent shall be void.
Sunnova may receive compensation as a result of your participation in PowerGrid Protect™ including, but not limited to load shifting, capacity, voltage management, or any other use of the ESS energy within the parameters defined above. In exchange for the ability to control the battery and receive compensation as a result of your participation in PowerGrid Protect™ you will receive the above-stated Reward and hereby waive any and all claims to further compensation from Sunnova or any third party.
Sunnova Data Authorization Terms
You authorize Sunnova, and to the extent necessary your ESS manufacturer, Tesla, Enphase or Generac, as the case may be in connection with Sunnova, to collect, share, and exchange data related to the ESS, your energy usage and/or the System’s energy production, your electric bill, operational data about the ESS, and your location data, for purposes of registering and including the battery in programs relating to energy services operating and improving such programs, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Leap Usage Data Authorization Terms (“Leap Authorization Terms”):
These Leap Authorization Terms allow you or the entity you represent (“you” or “your”) to exercise your right to disclose your Energy Usage Data (defined below) and certain Personal Information (defined below) that has been provided to Sunnova Energy Corporation (“Sunnova”) to Leapfrog Power, Inc. (“Leap”) for the purpose of providing grid services (PowerGrid Protect™) to you through Sunnova.
These Authorization Terms are a binding legal agreement between you and Leap. Please read these Authorization Terms carefully. By connecting and authorizing your applicable utility account, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, agree with and accept these Authorization Terms.
- Demand Response Provider Authorization. You authorize Leap to work with Sunnova, as your grid services provider, and/or to act as your agent to perform or authorize demand response activities and related ancillary services for the purpose of providing flexibility to the electric grid, including reducing or increasing energy demand in response to a signal or pricing mechanism.
- Prohibited Resources.
You must not use any distributed generation technology using diesel, natural gas, gasoline, propane, or liquefied petroleum gas (collectively, “Prohibited Resources”) to reduce load during any demand response activity or event. You acknowledge and assent that you do not have any Prohibited Resources on-site at your residence and will not use any Prohibited Resources in the event you introduce or bring Prohibited Resources on-site in the future. If you introduce or bring Prohibited Resources on-site at your residence, Leap reserves the right to disconnect your Leap account and access to any demand services provided by Leap or a demand response provider authorized in accordance with these Authorization Terms. If you are a non-residential customer (either an individual or entity), you must complete and sign a customer attestation form.
- End Customer Data Collection and Use.
- You authorize Leap to work with Sunnova to collect any usage or consumption data obtained through your utility’s metering infrastructure, which includes energy meters and related systems, (“Energy Usage Data”), which may be associated with any information that can reasonably be used to identify you, your family, household residence, or non-residential customer, such as your first and last name, address, email address and account information (“Personal Information”) and other non-personal information, such as rate schedules, from the applicable utility for the purposes listed in Section 2.ii. Energy Usage Data and Personal Information are collectively referred to as “End Customer Data.”
- You authorize Leap to act as your agent to automatically revoke the transmission of End Customer Data from your utility to Leap on your behalf upon your disenrollment from the Program.
- Leap will use End Customer Data for a variety of purposes including the following:
● To provide demand response, generation, and/or grid services; and
● To build data models to administer and improve demand response, generation and grid services.
- Leap may aggregate your Energy Usage Data with that of other end customers in various formats so your Energy Usage Data becomes anonymous and cannot personally identify you. Leap uses this information for various analysis, reporting and program management purposes. This aggregated information is not considered Energy Usage Data or Personal Information and may be shared with third parties Leap does business with.
- Sharing Your End Customer Data.
Leap will not rent, sell or share your End Customer Data with other people or non-affiliated third parties except as expressly provided herein.
Leap will not solicit you for any other purpose during the term of the Program.
- Service Providers.
Leap works with a wide range of third-party providers, notably database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, connected home service and device providers, and other non-governmental organizations. Leap does not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your End Customer Data, except in connection with providing their services or for the purpose of assisting Leap to provide services to you.