Home Solar and Battery Storage
Sunnova Customer Stories
Hear Sunnova reviews from customers, in their own words, about their experience with Sunnova SunSafe® home solar and battery storage. For more information on Sunnova and the home energy services we offer, click the learn more button below.
We offer a variety of ways for you to install California solar panels
Sunnova offers a broad range of energy services and technologies
that can be customized to fit you and your family’s needs.
Public Safety Power Shutoffs
California utilities may turn off your power during extreme weather or wildfire conditions. Power outages could last multiple days.*
During a grid outage, if you have home solar + battery storage, your solar system can continue to produce and store energy during the day to power your most needed lights and appliances.* Gain more control of your energy during a PSPS.
The cost of a power outage can vary widely. However, there are numerous hidden costs due to a power outage – think about the cost of emergency supplies, potential property damage, as well as the emotional cost caused by potential long-term power outages.
Maximize Your Solar Benefits
Go Solar in California and Earn Rewards
Earn Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) for the solar energy your system produces, which Sunnova will pay out on an annual basis.
- Yearly rewards: Sunnova turns your RECs into monetary rewards each year.
- Hassle-free experience: Sunnova manages all aspects of the RECs for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your home solar system is tied to your utility (grid-tied) and you don’t have a battery, your home solar system will not work during a power outage. You will not be able to produce or consume solar energy while the grid is down.
In order to have power during a power outage, you will need a home solar + battery storage system.*
- During the day, if there is sun: your solar panels will power your home, and any excess energy will charge your battery.
- At night: your battery can power your essential lights and appliances until it depletes.
Yes! Through our customer portal MySunnova, you can pay your bill online, view your system production, and more.
Your solar system functions very quietly. But rest assured that doesn’t mean it isn’t working. You can track your production through MySunnova customer portal. The reading of your meter is delayed approximately 24 hours.
Solar panels are extremely durable and built to withstand the elements. As a Sunnova customer, your responsibilities will include:
- Trim any trees around your solar system that may block the sun from reaching your solar panels.
- Check that there is no accumulation of leaves, debris, snow, or critters under the solar panels.
- In more arid climate, you may need to spray your solar panels with a garden hose to wash off built-up dust and dirt. You can do this while standing on the ground – we strongly advise against you climbing on your roof for any reason.
Each month, you will receive either a bill or a statement from your utility company, in addition to your Sunnova bill. This is because your home solar system will be grid-tied – during times of low or no solar production, you may need to pull electricity from your utility. You may also be eligible for net metering credits for energy your home solar system exports back to the electric grid. Check with your utility for specific details regarding whether you'll be credited for any excess energy your system generates and exports to the grid.*
If the utility company sends monthly statements in lieu of an actual bill with an amount due, you can expect an annual reconciliation of all electricity usage charges and credits.*
Get a Free Quote